Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), has received support from the World Banks to implement the Second Kampala Institutional and Infrastructure Development Project (KIIDP 2). One of the components of the KIIDP 2 is the development of a GIS based City Address Model (CAM) and the Computer Aided Mass Valuation (CAMV) of properties in the city. Key Result Areas of the support are; GIS Upgrade from Desktop to Enterprise or Corporate GIS, Street mapping, Naming and House numbering and updating of the KCCA Cadaster layer. In order to deliver on the above result areas, KCCA therefore seeks services of 4 support staff to reinforce the GIS Section in the Directorate of Physical Planning (DPP). Deadline 26th April 2016.
On the basis of the study carried out by the Ministry of Works and transport (MoWT) for the seleceted sistricts of Abim, Adjumani, Moyo, Amudat ("The GIS based Roads Intervention Prioritization for districts of Abim, Adjumani, Moyo, Amudat"). One of our clients requires local experts with GIS knowledge in the following fields:
Team Leader: Rural Infrastructure Engineer (1) --------------100 days
Rural Roads Design Engineer (1)-----------------------------------90 days
Geotechnical/Materials/Pavement Engineer (1)---------------40 days
Environmental and Social Experts (2)--------------------------- 75 days
Topographic Surveyor (1)--------------------------------------------35 days
Download the PDF above for a full project detail. Deadline is 2nd May 2016 at 5pm
The Government of Uganda has received a credit from the International Development Association/ World Bank towards the cost of the Third Northern Uganda Social Action Fund (NUSAF3) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payment for contracts for individual consultants for the positions outlined below. The selection will be conducted in accordance with the IDA/ World Bank Guidelines: Selection and employment of Consultants by World Bank borrowers (Current Edition)
1. Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (One Post)
2. Household Grants Specialist (One Post)
3. Household Grants Specialist – Karamoja (One Post)
4. Labour Intensive Public Works Specialist (One Post)
5. Disaster Risk Financing Coordinator (One Post)
6. Project Accountant (One Post)
7. Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Officer (One Post)
8. Labour Intensive Public Works officer – Karamoja (One Post)
9. Information Communication Technology (ICT) Assistant (One Post)
JOB OPPORTUNITY IN KCCA — Do you wish to work with KCCA on a huge project? We need you to apply by 24th August 2016, 4:30pm (Local Time) to join our team!
We need Data Collectors to be part of a huge project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and DFID - UK Department for International Development, UK. [Project brief: https://youtu.be/T7mz3Do3IIA]
Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates, CV and transcript plus three recent passport size photographs and submit to The Directorate of Administration and Human Resource, KCCA by 24th August 2016 to be considered.
Applicants should be Ugandan holding an Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree (various disciplines) from a recognized University/ Institution with at least a credit in Mathematics (O'level) and any relevant experience in data collection.
1. Collect relevant data on sanitation facilities for the development of a city wide GIS.
2. Identify sanitation facilities according to Divisions.
3. Determine the X and Y co-ordinates of the sanitation facilities by using Global Position System (GPS) equipment and annotated.
4. Capture name (s) of the owner (s) and occupants.
5.Outline the characteristics of the sanitation facilities in the divisions.
6. Capture any other information related to the development of the citywide GIS sanitation database.
He/She will report to the Project Manager.
Excellent communication, presentation, computer and organisational skills, high level of integrity, ability to work under pressure and knowledge of GIS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.