Google one of the largest company in the world recently made an announcement that left me very happy, and i am confident it will excite you too: Google Earth Pro, the enhanced version of the world’s most popular 3D digital globe, is now available for free. To the lazy Ear this may sound like a joke….!!……(Well, its a very Serious Joke…)
Google Earth Pro subscription that used to cost $400 a year is now….at $0.0 for ever. The software comes with some additional features compared to classical GoogleEarth – actually many users paid because the benefit was huge.
Now all you have to do is to register, get a free key, and download the software. If registration doesn’t work for you, don’t worry and don’t give up. It didn’t work for me when I tried first, the next day I tried again and everything was fine. Anyway, why should you get GE Pro? These are the most important features for me:
- Enhanced ability to import GIS data;
- Enhanced ability to import GPS data;
- Real-time GPS options;
- Customized maps (add legend, hide/show northing arrow and scale, add titles, etc.);
- Export high-res imagery (!);
- Data-to-table options;
- More measurement options (area, perimeter etc.);
- Regionate data for faster use and better visibility.
Also, it comes with a built-in movie maker. I haven’t explored this option yet, but it might turn out to be helpful.
Let’s hope that Google will continue to provide this helpful software for free…